Northern Leadership Program (NLP) Assistant
The Northern Leadership Program (NLP) is a one-year experience for developing Northern leaders within organizations across private and public sectors. It is a unique experience that combines leadership training, community engagement and mentoring with action learning based initiatives. More than 100 leaders have graduated from the program since its inception in 2013 and there are currently 21 individuals enrolled in the sixth cohort. The NLP Assistant, reporting to the Senior Manager of Learning and Development at Science North, will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operations of the program, providing administrative support and event coordination.
- Coordinate event and session logistics, including booking venues, selecting catering options, sending invitations, tracking registration, and providing presentation and material support.
- Works cross functionally with catering, graphics, production, tech, and functions teams, internally and externally, to ensure all elements of monthly sessions and events are executed as planned.
- Develop and prepare communication and promotional materials for leadership sessions and events.
- Arrange and schedule meetings with program stakeholders and prepare meeting minutes.
- Performs pre- and post- program evaluations on sessions and events, coordinate all information requirements, answer inquiries, prepare correspondence, maintain database, edit and proofread documents for internal and external purposes.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Manager of Learning and Development as required.
- 20-25 hours per week; $17.69 per hour. This is a 1 year opportunity with potential for extension.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English with experience in Business Communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
- Dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
- Experience with event planning is an asset
Interested applicants are asked to forward resumes to email@example.com quoting Job Number 2-304. Deadline for applications is December 7, 2018. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North's selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.