Camp and Outreach Opportunities
Are you seeking summer employment?
Join the Science North team, Northern Ontario’s science centre and most popular tourist attraction! Help us deliver fun, educational experiences to a variety of audiences at numerous venues throughout Ontario from mid-June to late August.
What’s in it for you?
- Whether you’re returning to school in the fall or pursuing a career - a position at Science North will help you gain valuable, transferable skills and a reference from a world renowned science centre.
- What kind of skills?
- Presentation skills, child management skills, organizational skills, time management skills... to name a few.
- Massive exposure to a wide range of audiences; including children aged 4 to 14.
- Opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors… don’t stay locked inside this summer!
- Learn and deliver awesome science experiences!
- Become a part of the Science North family and make friendships that will last a lifetime!
Are you interested in travelling this summer? Join one of our outreach crews and let’s hit the road!
Science Demonstrators – Outreach - (Job Number 1-027)
Science Demonstrators travel in teams supporting and delivering Outreach programs throughout Ontario – we do this at festivals, libraries, local events, etc. Requirements include: excellent presentation skills, the ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills, the ability to adapt to changing situations, 3 years good driving record and driver’s license in good standing. Some positions require fluency in both English and French.
We deliver summer camps all across Northern Ontario – be a part of an amazing team!
Science Demonstrators- Camps – (Job Number 1-002)
Science Demonstrators for Camps deliver quality, safe and entertaining science camp experiences to children of all ages. Successful candidates will deliver summer programs based in Northern Ontario and may be required to travel. Requirements include: an interest in learning, experience working with children, presentation skills and outstanding communication abilities. Some positions may require fluency in both English and French. Successful candidates must be prepared to submit a current (less than 3 months old at date of submission) Police Records Check. Valid G class driver’s license an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to apply on-line at http://sciencenorth.ca/employment, quoting applicable job number. An early application represents your best opportunity for consideration. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North's selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.