Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager (Northwestern Ontario)
(Contract to end of March 2020)
Science North is seeking a Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager (NW) to increase the visibility and support of Science North in Northwestern Ontario. In 2010, a satellite base was opened in Thunder Bay from which outreach programs, summer science camps and community programs were delivered. The program and audience reach have significantly expanded since then and a study funded by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and FedNor for a Market Analysis and Business Opportunity Assessment along with a Visitor Experience and Programming Concept Plan for expansion into Northwestern Ontario are underway.
The Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager (NW) will focus on establishing relationships with the broader Thunder Bay community and supporting the development of this study. The Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager (NW) will work with the Science North Northwestern Ontario expansion project team and consultants to support the current feasibility study work. The Manager will build strategic partnerships and networks to create an environment and appetite for support of Science North’s presence in the Northwest. This support will allow Science North to
sustain and expand its reach through school and public outreach, summer camps, community events and other Northern initiatives. This position will also be involved in leading and implementing an engagement strategy with the corporate and private sectors to grow financial support for Science North’s presence and programs. The successful candidate will have a background and a minimum 2 years of experience in business administration, communication, fundraising and/or related field of study, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience in networking and partnership development and the ability to work well independently.
The Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager will:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy designed to establish a strong awareness of Science North in Northwestern Ontario by broadening strategic communications efforts to proactively promote and enhance general awareness of Science North's reputation, initiatives, programming and outreach experiences in the NW;
- Focus on external communications and ongoing relationships with external stakeholders and influencers, including media and partners in the NW;
- Build strategic partnerships and networking to create an environment and appetite for fundraising for programming/outreach and potential for an activity-based centre;
- Develop and implement a plan to solicit financial support through private sector and other philanthropic contributions; and
- Support the work required for the study and work with the project team and consultants to follow through on actions as determined by team and contracted consultants
This is a contract position ending on March 31, 2020, with annual compensation equivalent to $68,000. Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job SPM-010. Deadline for applications is July 14, 2019. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.