Organizational Development Officer
$32,200 per year
Are you always the friend responsible for planning the party? Do you love creating invitations, menus and taking pride in all the little details? Does getting to know people and helping to make sure the right person joins the team excite you? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. Science North is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team in the role of Organizational Development Officer. This individual will play a pivotal role in leading the logistics and execution of organization wide events and recognition programs for our workforce and will provide general support for day to day unit operations and special initiatives, including recruiting and selection, grants and payroll.
Lead the Centre’s recognition program & other events – 40%
- Initiate, plan, organize and execute annual recognition events and programs along with other innovative fun events for members of the workforce including all aspects, from concept and invitations to logistics and coordination of final event or program
Support the centre's recruiting and selection process - 30%
- Support writing and posting of job ads, respond to inquiries, set up and manage interviews and online testing
- Manage applicant tracking system
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of hiring processe
- Participate in recruitment events
Support grant programs and payroll – 30%
- Assist in the writing, submission, reporting and administration of employment grant applications
- Provide support for key payroll functions including reporting, compensation reviews, employee changes, HRIS data maintenance
Successful candidates will be outgoing, thrive under a deadline driven environment, have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, superior organizational skills and experience working in a detail oriented environment, previous event or function management experience would be an asset.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume to email@example.com quoting Job OD-302. Deadline for applications is July 24, 2019. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.