Senior Manager, Finance
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, enjoy working with people and are passionate about sharing your knowledge? Science North is a place where all of these things come together. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Finance to join our team of accounting professionals supporting a wide variety of project management and financial needs at Science North. The successful candidate will hold a professional designation with significant experience in project management, complex grant funding arrangements, commodity tax issues, payroll processing and legislation requirements, and information systems development. He/she will have superior analytical and problem solving skills and proven sound judgement.
A key financial resource to the Centre, the Senior Manager of Finance provides strategic support to Senior Leadership by developing a thorough understanding of Science North key drivers for growth and productivity. The successful candidate will lead a team of financial experts to provide advice and guidance to managers on a variety of financial matters including controls, systems integration, and funder accountability. The position also has responsibility related to capital infrastructure and project management oversight, payroll management, financial analysis, government reporting, internal and external financial statement preparation. This role will assume a leadership position in optimizing the finance support of all operations activities within Science North.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the centre’s finance function including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and business analysis.
- Assume the role of organization subject matter expert related to operations costs, productivity and delivery for aligned business execution.
- Develop and implement strategies and mechanisms to monitor and report on a variety of operational initiatives Establish and maintain internal control systems;
- Compile key business metrics, performs analysis with recommendations and reports on results;
- Negotiate insurance arrangements and coordinate risk management;
- Manage cash management strategies maximizing return on investment;
- Champion sound financial management practices and fiscal responsibility across the organization.
- Hold a recognized professional accounting designation;
- Have a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience;
- Have sound knowledge of advanced accounting and financial concepts related to Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), complex payrolls and fund accounting;
- Be familiar with Ontario provincial agency ministry accountability requirements;
- Have superior analytical and problem solving ability;
- Ability to lead project development and implementation teams, eliciting organizational support for cross functional initiatives;
- Be familiar with computerized accounting systems such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics GP;
- Be skilled in complex spreadsheet applications and database management.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive compensation package including:
- Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
- Annual performance and merit increase consideration
- Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
- Pension plan following one year
- Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
- Professional development opportunities
- Minimum 4 weeks’ vacation
Interested applicants are asked to forward resumes to email@example.com quoting Job Number SM-FIN. Deadline for applications is August 9th, 2019. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North's selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.