Are you passionate about discovering and sharing science experiences? Do earth sciences and ‘going underground’ excite you? If so, we would like to hear from you! Science North is currently recruiting a Science Communicator for Dynamic Earth-where we deliver rockin’ experiences.
The Science Communicator will work with Staff Scientists in the creative development, delivery and evaluation of the Dynamic Earth visitor experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in science and willingness for continuous learning.
Responsibilities will also include daily operations of the science centre, tasking and deployment of the science demonstrator and volunteer team, school program delivery, special event programming and exhibit and program development.
Successful candidates will have excellent verbal communication skills in English and French, strong presentation and program delivery skills, demonstrated leadership ability and strong organizational skills. Work may involve evenings, weekends and work on public holidays.
Compensation package highlights:
- Starting salary of $29,100 per year
- Annual performance and merit increase consideration
- Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
- Pension plan following one year or opportunity for continued participation in Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan
- Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
- Professional development opportunities
- Minimum 3 weeks vacation with incremental entitlements of one week after 5 and 10 yrs of service
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job SC-020. Deadline for applications is August 9, 2019. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.