Science Communicator Forests Lab
Starting at $29,100 per year
Are you passionate about discovering and sharing science experiences? Do you love animals, ecology, and the environment? If so, we would like to hear from you! Science North is currently recruiting a Science Communicator for the Forests Lab on the Northern Ecosystems floor.
The Science Communicator will possess a background in biology, ecology, zoology, and/or animal husbandry. They will work with Staff Scientists in the daily operations of the Northern Ecosystems floor, lead the care of live animal exhibits, assist in leading the science demonstrator and volunteer team, deliver school and public programs, and participate in exhibit and program production.
The successful candidate will bring with them a passion for continuous learning and science communication along with excellent verbal communication skills in English and French. They will also have demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to deliver captivating presentations. Work may include evening, weekend, and public holiday shifts and candidates must be able and willing to receive necessary vaccinations as required to work with various animal species (i.e. tetanus, rabies).
Compensation package highlights:
• Annual performance and merit increase consideration
• Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
• Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long-term disability coverage
• Pension plan following one year or opportunity for continued participation in Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan
• Science North annual family membership
• Free or discounted admission to other attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
• Professional development opportunities
• Minimum 3 weeks vacation with incremental entitlements of one week after 5 and 10 yrs of service
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job SC-010. Deadline for applications is September 10, 2019. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.